Pecking my poor Lucy!

whittychick

Songster
8 Years
Jul 28, 2013
Cape cod
My poor barred rock Lucy has a bare bum from other chickens pecking her
1f61e.png
why is this happening? I don't see any sign of mites or anything and they are getting plenty of treats, protein and oyster shells! Please someone give advice for me!! Maybe boredom? How can I stop this or at least help her heal ASAP! Thanks

my lil bitzy is being pecked .as well, on her head and. body, She is the smallest of 4 Austaloups. I used anti biatic cream and that seemed to her h.elp heal, but they are at her again. I think I may have to separate her. would like some advice.???
bow.gif

Bring them inside,keep them separate until wounds heal.

Lucy may have new fathers coming in or may have a bare bottom,both of these scenarios can result in pecking/picking and chickens find this irresistible. Once one starts,they all do.

Bitzy may be at the bottom of the pecking order and you might have a couple of "mean"girls. Bring her inside and separate until wounds heal. Before reintroducing her,bring in another docile hen pair them together,see if they get along. often if they have a friend the pecking is reduced or stopped. See if you can find the instigator,separate her for a couple of days while reintroducing Blitzy,this might give her an attitude adjustment and the pecking order will be changed.

After Lucy's wounds have healed,bring a friend in for her,follow the same treatment as for Blitzy.

my lil bitzy is being pecked .as well, on her head and. body, She is the smallest of 4 Austaloups. I used anti biatic cream and that seemed to her h.elp heal, but they are at her again. I think I may have to separate her. would like some advice.???
bow.gif
Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you in the flock
frow.gif

I also am having this problem and there is plenty of feed just the way it is
and about the only thing I can do is to separate them
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom