Pecking

dollarbill

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 9, 2013
I have a silver headed wyandot that has pecked a hole in one of my other birds. It bleedeing right where the tail feathers meet the body feathers. Is there anything I can do besides separate them? Thats not an option for me. Thanks for any help
b

Buy some BluKote to spray on the pecked area--it is an antiseptic blue colored spray that will hide the wound. Offer more protein in the diet (eggs, cat food, tuna) and make sure they have enough room and some rocks or things to climb on and explore.

Everything Eggcessive said and I would watch that bird that did the pecking like a hawk. You really don't want that habit getting started in your flock. Once they see one bird do it and they see a wound the others will join right in. It can quickly become a habit that you cannot break. If the instigator continues I would either try pulling her out of the flock for a week or so or I would get rid of her.

Thank you! A friend said that he would take theproblem bird. Ive got one 4" inch X 3 or 4' feet branch roost in the cage. Ill add some rocks too. Tomorrow ill try to get sum BluKote from Murdochs. Thanks again. db

Back
Top Bottom