Pecking

I'm going to give that a shot. I hope that works. The stuff they sell is like $10 for a small bottle. Wish me luck. Thank you. :)

Hi, I have the same problem and used a cardboard box to house my hurt 'Lil chick' who was pecked by her 5 sisters. Then I scrounged a bent old lg. bird bird cage and keep her in a sheltered area. Mine will not stop pecking their little sister. Since a night move didn't work, I tried extra food pans. That worked a little, and we painted her with "No Pick" purchased at Tractor Supply. That worked for about three days, then more pecks. Well, after 2 months in her cage, we put them together for 'grazing' time only. Lil Sis has become really fast, and the others let her get about 3 feet away
before chasing her. They are all laying now, including Lil Sis. But she still has to be separate in her little cage in my laundry room. (she got out once and the squawk frpm my husband and the dog was something to hear.
I would really like to know how the Vick's works. And also what kind of shields someone was referring to. I will try strong scent on the 'big' girls. Thanks for all the good suggestions.

We are going to Paint her up (purple) with the meds. and I gotta get some Vicks.
Good Luck Cindy. You/re not alone!!!!!

Barb in CA.

I have the same problem. Here's some history: My husband bought 6 RIR hens and 1 Roo at auction last Saturday and we have a bum pecker. She has her feathers and the others are somewhat bare. We have them in quarantine away from our free rangers. They seem fairly healthy but are laying thin shelled eggs so I am confining the Roo and giving them oyster shell part of the day. I am interested in trying the Vick's Vapor but for the time being I have Lavender oil. Will it work like the tea tree oil someone suggested? Also I like the idea to hang cabbage for them to peck at. What other fruits or veggies would be good to try? Thanks in advance!

Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom