Pectrin 10 posisoning

Newbie__123

Chirping
Feb 13, 2022
I treated my birds for mites with pectrin 10 and now i have one that is really sick and bloated and has a fever. I noticed they were picking each others feathers saturday and sunday could this be it? This is their poop now to.
20230320_164449.jpg

Attachments

• 20230320_164359.jpg
    20230320_164359.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Oof, poor lady.
What's their diet? Has the affected hen laid recently? Have you ever wormed? and if so, what with?
Why did you use Pectrin 10 for mites? internally or externally? It's not for mites.

I think they used Permectrin II or Permethrin 10 which is a concentrate to be mixed with water. It is used for mites and lice treatment, but they did not realize they needed to dilute the product.
Oof, poor lady.
What's their diet? Has the affected hen laid recently? Have you ever wormed? and if so, what with?
Why did you use Pectrin 10 for mites? internally or externally? It's not for mites.

I think they used Permectrin II or Permethrin 10 which is a concentrate to be mixed with water. It is used for mites and lice treatment, but they did not realize they needed to dilute the product.
Oof, poor lady.
I used permectrin 10 and no most of my girls havent layed since like 2 days after treatment. No they havent ever been wormed and at this point never will be. Most seem.better i forced liquids yesterday and made a electolyte mix of their food yesterday we had high winds and heavy rain yesterday so none of my girls wanted to go tk the run for food so i brought it into their coop i seperated the worst girls and brought them inside yesterday.

I used permectrin 10 and no most of my girls havent layed since like 2 days after treatment. No they havent ever been wormed and at this point never will be. Most seem.better i forced liquids yesterday and made a electolyte mix of their food yesterday we had high winds and heavy rain yesterday so none of my girls wanted to go tk the run for food so i brought it into their coop i seperated the worst girls and brought them inside yesterday.
Just offer supportive care like you have been.
how much did you use and how did you use it? did you dilute it, like eggcessive suggested? I ask about worming because one of the pictures of poop looked mucusy which can by a sign of worms.

Just offer supportive care like you have been.
how much did you use and how did you use it? did you dilute it, like eggcessive suggested? I ask about worming because one of the pictures of poop looked mucusy which can by a sign of worms.
No your fine. The first small 8 oz bottle i bought had no dilution instruction they had been ripped off im assuming so i didnt dilute anything. For like 3 of my chickens but then my chicks started eating one anothers feathers and i think thats how they poisoned themselves. I have 3 that seem fine ive had 1 pass away already, and 3 more that have blue purple combs and arsnr really eating and are barely drinking.

Back
Top Bottom