Pedantic coop window question #1.

Quote:
They aren't the brightest critters, I have discovered, but mine are very sweet anyhow. Now that they understand my toes are not edible....
tongue.png

I have a tiny coop with one window, but they love looking out and watching our every move. Mine does open for summer ventilation though. At night I have a shop light shined out until 8pm and I don't have to put it in their coop, just aim it near the coop (just not straight at their eyes). Here's a pic of them getting ready for bed. I vote window!!!
56181_dsc00673.jpg

I agree that if you do put the big window facing SW, which gets the hottest rays of the day, you will likely need to shade it all spring, summer and fall pretty much, unless the coop heavily shaded by trees. Mine 2x3 ft window faces south but opens from the top and is shaded all summer. It still get pretty warm in spring and fall when the leaves are gone, and it doesn't get the late afternoon, evening sun. I also worry that it will draft in a lot of cold air in the winter but mine is not insulated-I'm planning to put plexi over it this winter. I look forward to seeing your coop.
smile.png
And tedabug that is a really cute picture.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom