Pedro is sitting on her eggs!

I checked the remaining eggs in Pedro's nest today. Pedro had started with 16 eggs. The first ten she laid back in April-May; I added four that we had collected and put in the refrigerator, since I knew the other ones were super old; then two new eggs she laid around the same time she started sitting on the eggs. I assumed it was the two new ones she laid that hatched. But I was wrong; it was two of the refrigerator eggs. :eek:

Still no good pics. Pedro won't let me anywhere near the babies. All the pics are zoomed or from a distance. I got a few pics of Pedro charging at me tho, babies in the background. :lau IMG_20210701_112754972~2.jpg

I checked the remaining eggs in Pedro's nest today. Pedro had started with 16 eggs. The first ten she laid back in April-May; I added four that we had collected and put in the refrigerator, since I knew the other ones were super old; then two new eggs she laid around the same time she started sitting on the eggs. I assumed it was the two new ones she laid that hatched. But I was wrong; it was two of the refrigerator eggs. :eek:

Still no good pics. Pedro won't let me anywhere near the babies. All the pics are zoomed or from a distance. I got a few pics of Pedro charging at me tho, babies in the background. :lau View attachment 2743647
That feed needs to be crushed a little....awfully big size for baby quail to try and swallow.

Back
Top Bottom