emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
silkiesandsizzles.jpg

By emvickrey at 2011-05-18

Quote:
She's still wearing her Easter feathers. She jumped in a glass of Koolaid for a little hair color. She's such a DIVA!

Her foster chick is hanging out in it's favorite spot. She actually walked around with it under her wing while it's feet dangled.
I just thought it was sooo cute.
love.gif
:love

Last edited:
Please, PLEASE let me steal this pic! I know just the BYCer who needs to see it before she has her first sip of coffee tomorrow morning!

That's a hoot! Too too cute!
love.gif

Nevermind on the theft. I'll just link it to her in yahoo messenger.
big_smile.png

(message sent. Now someplace to hide)

Last edited:
Quote:
Feel free to steal it. I can send you some more of her in her Easter outfit.

It was so funny as I was dying her I didn't plan to dye her head but she dunked her head in anyway. Several times. I guess she wanted her entire body pink. She's normally white. She loves a bath and the blow dry afterwards. She even prissed around afterwards showing off her new color. She really is a Diva. I made her a apron to wear as a dress for Christmas and she loved it. When I took it off she snatched it from me and carried it in her beak. I put it back on and she just pranced around like she was modeling it or something. I don't think she realizes she's a chicken. lol She lives in the house but does go uot on nice days to free range but she don't associate with the other chickens. When she's ready to come in she will either sit at the steps and wait for me or if I"m already outside and going in she will run after me.

silkiesandsizzles029.jpg

By emvickrey at 2011-04-29
silkiesandsizzles030.jpg

By emvickrey at 2011-05-19
silkiesandsizzles031.jpg

By emvickrey at 2011-05-19

This is her in her christmas dress in her decorated cage with a "nest skirt" to match her wallpaper.
60628379.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-12-23
Modeling her dress
74366984.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-12-08

This is her naked.
georgeet.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-11-17

She's a not quite right sizzle. She has a deformity and had very slow growth. She's almost half the size of her sisters. And has one side of her face that has the sinus missing and blind in one eye. When she gets hot and breaths hard the air comes thru her nostril out her eye socket on that side. So she stays inside with the AC for most of the hot days.

Quote:
Gave up on the coffee, went straight to Scotch!
lau.gif

emvickery, bless you for taking such good care of her!

Back
Top Bottom