Peekaboo the white silkie and another one.

Here is a link about homemade chicken slings:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

upload_2019-2-11_18-22-33.jpeg

she can reach her food and water but she can’t get herself up.
Just saying, she wasn’t drinking nothing when I first put her in her seperate place but she was eating.

Hello! Peekaboo, my little white silkie is okay. However, we got another silkie down and acting much worse.
Symptoms: Legs in front or one in the back one in the front, twitching, laying on its side acting if it’s dying.
Please help my silkies, Erie just started acting up after we moved her and 3 other chicks into another pen.

PS: Erie is the other silkie with issues.

Argh, another one might be coming down with it.
Triple the Trouble!

I lost track but I’m thinking around like 1 or 2 months old.

I have a separate post for Peekaboo and I have confirmed it’s either Mareks or a vitamin defencieny or however you spell it.

I have tried to help on another thread, and recommended vitamins for chicks or vitamin B complex. But she has said that she doesn’t know if they are getting vitamins or not because someone else feeds them and waters.

I would try vitamins that contain B2 riboflavin. Also make sure they are getting mostly chick grower or starter feed as 90% of their feed. Chicks who have leg problems may respond to vitamins. Others may have splay leg or tendon issues, but picture of them standing would help.
What are you feeding your chicks, including treats?
It could be Marek's, but I would try the vitamins and feed recommendations that @Eggcessive has posted.

You mention they starting "acting up" once you moved them to another pen. How long ago was that? Did any of them knock themselves on the head?

You may also want to check to make sure the feathers and fluff is carefully trimmed from the eyes so they can see well.

update: Grandfather (Papa) took Erie out. Erie’s gone guys.
However, Peekaboo is doing amazing, but hasn’t gotten any better or any worse.
So, I believe he’s gonna be a healthy little roo if he grows up normal.

We got one atm wobbling and sitting around a bit. Why is it doing this? Am I gonna have to post on a diff thread or?
What have you tried so far?
Have you given them vitamins as suggested? Chick starter only?
Photos of housing, how the chicks are sitting or standing naturally without being held would be good.

If you have video, that may be even more helpful.

I'm very sorry that the chicks are not doing well. Sometimes they fail to thrive or may have an illness that cannot be easily identified unless further testing/necropsy is performed when they die.

There are so many ailments, conditions and diseases that affect chickens it's hard to know all of it. We are not vets, we are just backyard chickens keepers that try to help others.

If you can please be tell us more details about the care they are receiving along with the photos it would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom