peepers on ringeck pheasants

Lol! Dan,I think the same as well. Except for the more regulating part.
tongue.png
But in the interest of fairness I read Billys link. If any of you didnt. You should indeed. Billy I must say that you contridict yourself. In the first paragraph it lists the causes of cannabilism. Indeed overcrowding is showed immediately. I have three male ringnecks right now in a 8x14 pen. In all fairness let me also state I am considering eating them. But my point here is there is no peepers, no cover, no fighting and no overcrowding. As stated previously I too have never had male ringneckpheasants(of any species I kept) fight each other without hens being present or overcrowding being the main factors. This will probably be my last post here because I dont feel Im helping much or have anything else to add from this point on. Most points were made. Now I feel its up to everyone to make their own choice with the evidence shown.

Lol! Dan,I think the same as well. Except for the more regulating part.
tongue.png
But in the interest of fairness I read Billys link. If any of you didnt. You should indeed. Billy I must say that you contridict yourself. In the first paragraph it lists the causes of cannabilism. Indeed overcrowding is showed immediately. I have three male ringnecks right now in a 8x14 pen. In all fairness let me also state I am considering eating them. But my point here is there is no peepers, no cover, no fighting and no overcrowding. As stated previously I too have never had male ringneckpheasants(of any species I kept) fight each other without hens being present or overcrowding being the main factors. This will probably be my last post here because I dont feel Im helping much or have anything else to add from this point on. Most points were made. Now I feel its up to everyone to make their own choice with the evidence shown.
agree with your post I must say I considder my breeding with pheasants lucky I mean everywhere you read about, reeves males gets aggresive with their mates and needs to keep with lots of cover and the best to keep them in trio s. mine is only keep in pairs and I have peacefull birs even the ringnecked species. I know it gets aggresive to other birds for example have one time a lady amherst s male who by mistake landed in the ringnecked pen and believe me that LA male make the ringnecked male look bad before his girls the LA kicked the snot out of the ringnecked pheasant so I am thankfull to have peaceful bird and do not have to spend extra to get all the fusing to prevent birds to fight each other

Reeves and silvers that are aggressive breeders,turn out to be very fertile breeders.Don't get rid of them,just get them more hens and he will be to busy to be beating on them.
Wildlife if you have done all this studying and research,then why do you cross breed?You are not helping the cause at all.I think you just like to stir things up.Anyone that has devoted 43 years to a cause,and then turns around and does exactly what you shouldn't do,you are not helping the protection of the species.Either your a bs'er or just looking to start crap.
In N.H.,Tony.

If I am not mistaken,you are the one claiming to do 43 years of research.All we ask is to clarify your studies and tell us your findings.Because you again are the one crossbreeding all this beautiful pheasants,which if you are really researching,you know their statistics.Becaue all of your efforts to study them,you are part of the problem that is destroying them.Exactly what side of the fence are you on?I personally think the artist part is right,but I seriously doubt the wildlife part!
In N.H.,Tony.

Blinders definitely have there place, some have a plastic pin others use a metal ring. some are plastic others are rubber. I found that the rubber with the metal ring (hog ring) would work the best. They have a tendency to fly up into the top netting and get caught , the rubber ones eliminated that problem.
they also have a bit that prevents them from being able to close there beaks all the way, I would not recommend these if you are feeding a pellet.
It will not affect if you release into the wild, just be sure to remove it prior.
Birds four to five weeks old is the best time they become accustomed to them very quickly. pheasants go Thur a time of abnormal aggression the six week and the 12 week, once the cannibalism starts you are only fooling your self if you think you are going to stop it. reasons for blinders I feel is if birds are over crowded, to hot in the brooder, not enough vegetation in the fly pens (green vegetation does wonders) problem is it is often gone very quickly in your pen, good game bird feed really helps from start until it cools of in the fall. usally if you can get them out of the brooder with out the problem you will be OK. Debarking is a good way to solve the problem . but to do this right you need a debeeker that has heat, simply nipping the point of the beak of will not solve the problem, it will grow back quickly and often sharper. using a debeker takes some talent and precautions you only cut the top beak, dint cut or burn the tongue, a good 1/8 inch will work but the heat stops the bleeding. the downfall to debeaking is the beak grows back longer and ill shaped which means you have to keep following up with it about every six weeks.
The whole secret to this is don't let them get into the habit of peeking each other.
I hatched 60,000 chukars and pheasants and grew out 18,000 to 22,000 of them for sixteen years. I have tried it all they have there pro's and con's. it wasn't until my later years of trial and error that I was able to get over the cannibalism and pecking it all starts in the brooder, if you would like some ideas on brooding let me know. [email protected] Thanks and good luck. JRC. Utah

Back
Top Bottom