coloradochick

Songster
12 Years
Dec 19, 2007
Brighton, CO
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
pop.gif

Is there a usual amount of time that goes by from the first peep of the chick to the first pip of the egg? Or is there no real answer for my somewhat dumb question?
idunno.gif

I'm right there with you. I've just heard the first "peep" in the bator but I don't see any "pips."

I'm sure the secret has to do with patience, LOL

Good luck with your hatch. What kind of eggs?

Shane

Thanks, It's acutally my first hatch so I put a few of my own girls in there. My roo is Mottled Cochin Banty and the girls are EE, BR, RIR, and then I put a little egg in from my Red Cochin Banty. They were supposed to debut on the 1st, two days ago, but my Tophatch fluctuates so much that I guess they're running late
barnie.gif

Good luck on your's too! What are you hatching?

And patience isn't one of my virtues
roll.png

Last edited:
Is the suspense making you crazy? Wait 'till he only pips half way around and takes a break. You'll be chewing your nails off. You'd better get some thick gloves.

LOPRFYLER what's with the HE stuff?!?!?! I'm hatching all girls and that's all there is to it!
big_smile.png
And yea, I'm horrible about running in there every 5 minutes to see what's going on. Waking up in the middle of the night, not wanting to go out anywhere...Let's face it, I'm a mess.......

Sorry, I meant to say her. I have only hatched four batches of banty eggs and working on my fifth. I've only lost a couple chicks early during incubation, but I was a nervous wreck everytime. When they would take a break, I would wonder if something is wrong and I was watching them die. Then they'd continue to hatch like an hour later. I tell ya, I was speed reading this forum every step of the way for the first couple of hatches. I hope they all hatch for ya.

Yeah, I go in the room with a flashlight to get a better look through the small windows. I wait, listen & watch. After I do that a couple times WITHOUT hearing peeps, then I start to worry. But then the next time I'll hear something. On and on it goes...

Shane

Gotta love them (and what they do to our minds)
th.gif
some peep,pip and hatch, some peep, wait,wait,wait, pip, wait,wait,wait, start to zip, wait,wait,wait, hatch !!!! Good luck

Ohh so the usual amount of time is 5 min to 2 days

fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Congrats
jumpy.gif

When i first hatch eggs mine peep then about 20mins later i had a pip
smile.png
but every chick is different so you can never be sure about it

Back
Top Bottom