Peeping in the egg

Meleda3

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 23, 2009
This is my first try with a small incubator. One of my eggs has been peeping for about 3 hours. How long before I should try to help this little chick hatch? It's a loud strong peep so I don't want to help it hatch if it fine on it's own.

It is normal for them to do some peeping once they move into the aircell. Has it even pipped yet? When is the due date? I don't even think about helping for at least 24 hrs after they pip. Good luck.
thumbsup.gif

Today is the due date, 4/19. Can it take up to 24 hours to go through the hatching process? The egg moves ever so slightly when the chick peeps. I will keep watching it tonight. Thanks for the advice.

oh I forgot to say, no sign of pipping yet, but he must being trying hard.

Mine started peeping and rocking on Saturday and didn't hatch until the wee hours of Monday morning and 2 at lunch today. They had pipped starting Sunday morning and through the day but just rocked and peeped for easily over 24 hours. All six are hatched now and in the brooder....you should have chicks soon!

They will peep and the eggs will move for quite sometime before they actualy make a pip hole.Best not to mess with it.Good luck and hope ya get a chick. DG

Thank you for the advice everyone. I am going to check it periodically tonight. This is so exciting...almost like having a baby! Happy hatching!

Back
Top Bottom