Peeps Against Twilight club

SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!
ya.gif

the saddest thing about twilight is that in the hands of a competent author, some aspects of the plot (not the whole thing, or even most of it, mind you, but some) could have been put together to make a decent book. for example, if the writing had been better, and the author had focussed on the volturi, and brought in historical aspects, it might have made a halfway decent novel. instead it is just horribly creepy and juvenile at the same time. I didn't even know it was possible for it to be both at the same time, but apparently it is.

Quote:
Actually I cannot be counted as a "grown up" and am part of the teen parade
cool.png

I think you will find a lot of teens on this thread; we are not ALL determined to read completely odd books...

also this is a poultry site, we just like to get fellow "chickeners" views on some issues, and they dont necessarally have to be life-death situations.

I dont think the government fits into "games, jokes and fun" either
smile.png

We are not really concerned with this series; its sometimes just nice to talk

Welcome to byc, by the way!!!
woot.gif
Off-topic (sorry guys) but what type of chickens/other animals do you have????
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, I saved it with Dan's awesomeness! I've been wanting to share that for a while, actually.

I read that last night...and got behind on homework! totally worth it!!!
lol.png

List continues;

Sassymygirl
bantimna
Player Hater
SmartyChick
duck&chickencrazy
ChookHappy
melodylee
arabookworm

Quote:
Twilight isn't dark which is me problem with it...I'm a fan of Stoker Twilight doesn't compare!
lol.png

I know, the vamps are total wimps, like when the entire Cullen clan ran away from Jasper...
roll.png
There's more, though. Read Dan.

I started reading after my post hehe it's hillarious!

(the Twilight Moms pic) Isn't it so true? I am always annoyed by double standards....slightly extreme but sadly true example: Female teacher/Male student relationships many people act like it's some rite of passage if it's a young boy
roll.png

I want to be on the list! We read it in book club ages ago (had the highest attendence of any book club to date). Everyone went around the entire room talking about how they liked or loved it. Then someone said - hey, Jessica hasn't said anything yet. What did you think of it?

And I slammed it. It was TERRIBLE. The writing is horrific. Stephanie Meyer doesn't know what a synonym is and she can't construct a legitimate character to save her life. Not to mention the actual story is pathetic.

Still, we can't have a single book club get-together without my opinion of Twilight and/or Stephanie Meyer coming up.

When the movies came out I posted this http://sugarhousemama.blogspot.com/2008/10/hated-books.html

I'm
a full-fledged Peep Against Twilight. I'm just sorry I didn't know about this group sooner!

Back
Top Bottom