1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Peet's Poultry Processing

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marko15, Mar 19, 2007.

1. marko15

marko15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    Hello All, I'm new to backyard chickens , but just wanted to let you know that I am starting a poultry processing business (shooting for May 1)in North Central Pennsylvania (Tioga County) I will be processing at my house and I will also be going mobile. If you or anyone you know are interested , please email me your name and address and I will send you out a pricelist.

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    I wish you were in California.
    [​IMG]

chel

3. marko15

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    Well, I guess this try at the poultry processing business is not going to get off of the ground. I ran out of money for startup costs and there is none coming in and there are too many roadblocks for me , so I'm taking it from the Lord that he doesn't want me to pursue this at this time but maybe at a later time. [​IMG]

4. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i wish there was someone like you here in houston. i'm sure there is, but i have't found them yet. [​IMG]

5. marko15

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    Well I butchered 65 chickens yesterday, The first 8 were like small turkeys , I guessing is the 12-15 lb range, they had at least an inch or more of fat between the skin and the meat, then I did 16 more small ones between 9-12 weeks old, that went better, then later in the afternoon I did about 41 that were arounfd 9 weeks old (just the right size) and that was a breeze compared to the morning birds. My Whizbang plucker can really pluck them birds and I'm glad I have it!![​IMG]

6. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Wow, what an enterprising idea to go mobile with a business like that! I would certainly make use of it and raise meat birds. Too bad you're not near here.
    Best of luck!!

7. ml

ml Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    Agree wish some one was near me like you. Sure things will pick up for you the want is more then you relize.
    ML

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by