Pekin Bantam: removed tick but face swollen & remains lethargic

The cream has chloramphenicol, an antibiotic and prednisolone, a corticosteroid just like our hydrocortisone creams in the US. I am glad that you were able to see the vet, and I really hope that she starts getting better with her antibiotic, along your good care. Ticks can cause hemorrhage into the skin, and fequently cause the bluish bruising. I would be more inclined to follow your vet’s instructions for the cream, but someone today posted an interesting article about using echinacea augusitiforum (not pupura) on wounds:
http://doctorschar.com/echinacea-wound-healing-agent/
Thank you Eggcessive for your kind words. Yes we’ll carry on with the cream the vet gave us. When I checked on her mid-morning today her other eye was pretty much swollen shut (not the side of the swelling).

She did eat abit of wet layers pellets though. I don’t know what else we can do except try to keep feeding her & maybe take her back to the vets earlier next week rather than wait a week. Until then I’ll just hope for a good outcome.

Many thanks for your help.

Thank you Eggcessive for your kind words. Yes we’ll carry on with the cream the vet gave us. When I checked on her mid-morning today her other eye was pretty much swollen shut (not the side of the swelling).

She did eat abit of wet layers pellets though. I don’t know what else we can do except try to keep feeding her & maybe take her back to the vets earlier next week rather than wait a week. Until then I’ll just hope for a good outcome.

Many thanks for your help.

Just a little update to say my little Peking bantam past away yesterday. She was getting much worse (eye completely swollen shut, diahrea, swollen earlobes & wattle, swellings turning black, lethargic, hardly eating or drinking). The cream we were using was not helping & the antibiotic injection from the vet was also not helping.

So we took her to the vet yesterday who said she would try to help her but she was very ill. She gave her another antibiotic injection along with an anti-inflammatory and she had a little seizure & died.

I am very sad especially as she was only 2.5yrs. I have one other Pekin Bantam and they were inseparable & very caring towards one another.

It’s a very sad outcome.

Back
Top Bottom