Pekin duck approx age??

BeepCheep88

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2017
I just bought two pekin ducks from a lady that said they are 4months old. When I showed up to pick them up, I expected them to be grown, but they are actually not..which is fine but I am trying to figure out their actual approx age. they are mostly feathered, but their wings are small, their bodies are smaller and leaner than a grown pekin, and they are going through a voice change. they make a beep/quack mixture sort of a squawk sometimes. Anyone have a guess as to how old you think they are? Here's some pics.

Attachments

• IMAG1496.jpg
    IMAG1496.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG1493.jpg
    IMAG1493.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG1486.jpg
    IMAG1486.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG1439.jpg
    IMAG1439.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 8
Oh OK I wasn't sure, because I raised some last year and I could have sworn my pekins were full grown and fat looking in three months or so but maybe I remembered wrong lol When do you think they will look like that? I think they're cute now but kinda awkward looking, they're cuter to me when they're all round looking lol :)

I just bought two pekin ducks from a lady that said they are 4months old. When I showed up to pick them up, I expected them to be grown, but they are actually not..which is fine but I am trying to figure out their actual approx age. they are mostly feathered, but their wings are small, their bodies are smaller and leaner than a grown pekin, and they are going through a voice change. they make a beep/quack mixture sort of a squawk sometimes. Anyone have a guess as to how old you think they are? Here's some pics.
They look about 4 months I would say that's accurate

Thanks for the replies! So this is a normal size for four months? I am a little worried that they may be underweight for their age. I was pretty sure the ones I raised last year were fat looking by this age. How many more weeks do you think before these two are full grown and fat looking?

I don't know give it another month or so until they start to fill out, also keep in mind if they're female they won't get huge until they start to let and get their egg belly. How much do you feed them?

Back
Top Bottom