Pekin duck approx age??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BeepCheep88, Jun 18, 2017.

1. BeepCheep88

BeepCheep88 Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2017
    I just bought two pekin ducks from a lady that said they are 4months old. When I showed up to pick them up, I expected them to be grown, but they are actually not..which is fine but I am trying to figure out their actual approx age. they are mostly feathered, but their wings are small, their bodies are smaller and leaner than a grown pekin, and they are going through a voice change. they make a beep/quack mixture sort of a squawk sometimes. Anyone have a guess as to how old you think they are? Here's some pics.

Attached Files:

2. Lamaremybabies

Lamaremybabies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2015
    New England
    Four months looks accurate.

3. BeepCheep88

BeepCheep88 Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2017
    Oh OK I wasn't sure, because I raised some last year and I could have sworn my pekins were full grown and fat looking in three months or so but maybe I remembered wrong lol When do you think they will look like that? I think they're cute now but kinda awkward looking, they're cuter to me when they're all round looking lol :)

4. ArlBry

ArlBry New Egg

May 16, 2017
    They look about 4 months I would say that's accurate

5. Lamaremybabies

Nov 2, 2015
    New England
    IMG_3125.JPG

These are mine four of which were hatched in august this picture was taken in January.

6. BeepCheep88

BeepCheep88 Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2017
    Thanks for the replies! So this is a normal size for four months? I am a little worried that they may be underweight for their age. I was pretty sure the ones I raised last year were fat looking by this age. How many more weeks do you think before these two are full grown and fat looking?

7. Lamaremybabies

Nov 2, 2015
    New England
    I don't know give it another month or so until they start to fill out, also keep in mind if they're female they won't get huge until they start to let and get their egg belly. How much do you feed them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by