Pekin Duck Club!

DUCK EMERGENCY please help! One of my ducks she is a pekin seemed fine in the morning and today I checked on them and she is walking funny wings a bit opened and seems maybe like an egg is stuck??? I say this because she corners up and seems to put her butt down but just end up laying down! What can I do???? How can I see if it is a stuck egg or she ate something weird???

Hi! Although I am a new ducky owner, I know that if an egg is stuck you should allow her to swim in warm water. It's supposed to help.
Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Hi! Although I am a new ducky owner, I know that if an egg is stuck you should allow her to swim in warm water. It's supposed to help.
Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Thank you! I'll be doing that but i checked on her not to long ago and she seems better now!?!???idk I've been seeing mushrooms around so maybe she had a tummy ache??? Idk lol

Thank you! I'll be doing that but i checked on her not to long ago and she seems better now!?!???idk I've been seeing mushrooms around so maybe she had a tummy ache??? Idk lol

It could be egg problems, it could be a tummy ache...

How old is she?

What is her diet?

If it's an egg-related problem, tub time, no soap, lukewarm water. Half an hour minimum. It can really help. Also, 200 mg calcium citrate, or half a Tums. Then I would boost by 50 mg calcium daily for several days. This can become life-threatening, so keep an eye on her.

For a stomach problem, maybe a teaspoon of food grade activated charcoal in a pint of water for her to drink out of for a few hours.

Im waiting for my pekin eggs to hatch! I think they are around day 18 or 20. I hope to have some beautiful ducklings! I had 20 eggs at first but only 11 are left, some werent fertilized and some died in early development but wish me luck! And any andvice is appreciated

Back
Top Bottom