Pekin Duck Club!

So how the heck am I supposed to put the diaper on the duck? I bought a duck diaper so Aflac could come inside...by the time I get the one leg in he's gotten the other one out...is there some magic technique?
The diaper harnesses I have (and I think most of us) don't have leg holes. You put the neck through the neck hole bring the pouch under and through the legs, pull the poop pouch up and fasten the tail velcro and latch, then you bring the back strap up (move the wing tips if you have just get the strap under) and fasten the latch on the back of his neck. . . Good luck

Ahh brilliant! I have a turkey that will mind the house if you ask her to but she cannot cook and she always leaves the t.v. on. How ever did you do it? Your poor RIRs. Fortunately my Pingu doesn't do that but we often get some strange looking hairdo's...

POOR RIR! You got to be kidding! Their monster! If it what is that they are for the best egg layers They would be dead by now! they always have to be first in line?

my girls are getting sisters!!!!! geese !!! i pick up 2 -day old- Buff females tomorrow . yay! their names will be LADY & LILY
celebrate.gif

My husband and I decided to get ducks and I've wanted a welsh harlequin and Swedish for awhile now and my hubby wanted a pekin and right before I place the order he changed his mind and got a Cayuga. I was kinda upset he changed his mind since I grew up with 2 Pekins that lived on the lake behind my house and would hang out with me a few times a week while I would play in the yard. My hubby only wanted 2 ducks but the place I wanted to order from had a 3 duck min. I wanna add a pekin and use the packing peanut excuse but i was sup to order only 4 chicks and somehow 2 "extras" found their way to the cart. So idk how I would explain 2 extra chickens and a extra duck

I got these from someone on here. Basically the pouch for the tail attaches to a strip that goes up the chest. This has elastic on it that you stick the wings/feet through and then snap over the back. Let me find a picture.
Here ae thes ones I am familar with http://www.thegoosesmother.com/ , http://www.etsy.com/shop/PartyFowl?section_id=12233903, and http://www.fashionmyfeathers.com/index.html. Look at the diaper harnesses on here. If the diaper itself works good once you get it on and it's the duck remaining still enough to get it on. . . . . . that comes with time. I sit on the floor with Quack-Quack between my legs. It doesn't matter which direction he's facing but he takesit easier if he's able to put his beek under my arm or in my sleeve. It's going ot take some time for some gettin gused to it, like a few months. I've been putting a diaper harness on Quack-Quack for about 2 months straight and for 2 weeks without routine before and he still doesn't care for it and will pull at it or pull the diaper out.

My husband and I decided to get ducks and I've wanted a welsh harlequin and Swedish for awhile now and my hubby wanted a pekin and right before I place the order he changed his mind and got a Cayuga. I was kinda upset he changed his mind since I grew up with 2 Pekins that lived on the lake behind my house and would hang out with me a few times a week while I would play in the yard. My hubby only wanted 2 ducks but the place I wanted to order from had a 3 duck min. I wanna add a pekin and use the packing peanut excuse but i was sup to order only 4 chicks and somehow 2 "extras" found their way to the cart. So idk how I would explain 2 extra chickens and a extra duck
awww haha it always happens ! theres never enough
jumpy.gif
. just say OOPS smile kiss him quick and walk away ... thats what i do hahaha
lau.gif

i said there were extras just in case some didn't make it. sad to think of but totally legit.
but my dh totally indulges me on my chicken and duck habit.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom