Pekin Duck Club!

My jumbo pekins are 2 very loud quackers which are both much bigger than the third, more quiet one. I was only assuming that byc got the sexing wrong. I was just going by size. Is it possible that the smaller duck is the male? I sure hope so.

Last edited:
Gee, I don't know....How DO you tell the difference? sigh. I know so little about so much.

hide.gif

Please someone help! I don't want to get rid of him but the vibrating, possessiveness, biting, hairs on back of head standing up is just becoming too much! I can't go near him without him attacking me now. Is this just a phase? He used to nuzzle in me and never bite now he attacks!

Poor things! How would you feel if you had to put that on your butt! lol How long did it last! I can't stop laughing just thinking about it. I will be having some girls so I suppose I'll find out the hard way!
gig.gif
It's really NBD. What I'd do is pick up my girl, hold her belly up in my elbow/arm with her head pointing towards the back. I just move feathers out of the way with my left hand, quick like drip drop food coloring in with the other hand... And then I gently set her down and she walks away and does not give me any indication at all that she has any problem or discomfort from it. I usually get a deeply dyed egg the next day, maybe a lightly stained one the next, but that's about it. Hope this helps.

Please someone help! I don't want to get rid of him but the vibrating, possessiveness, biting, hairs on back of head standing up is just becoming too much! I can't go near him without him attacking me now. Is this just a phase? He used to nuzzle in me and never bite now he attacks!
Have you tried "mounting" him? I mean, holding him down as if you were a dominant drake? For at least a few minutes at a time. I have heard of this working with formerly sweet drakes getting way too aggressive.

Hi every one! Is been a long time since I signed on. Sally and Waddles are doing great! Sally laid her first eggs! She gave me one yesterday and one today. Has anyone else had their ducks lay in the water? They have free access to land and water and plenty of nesting materials. I can't tell if she is trying to nest on a bank that's near by and is too sloped so the egg rolls in the water or is she is laying in the water. I'm thinking the latter since the eggs been in the exact same spot both times. I made a nest and put her egg in it but I don't think she knows what to do. Also should her eggs be smaller at first? They are about the size of a chicken egg. The chicks are cooped so it's not one of theirs. Plus the only one of laying age is a banty. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom