Pekin Duck Club!

I would dab the scabs with antibiotic cream - no pain relief (they can be toxic to ducks I am told).

Ok that's what I've been doing. So, as u can see. Her eye is definently infected. Yay for me. Called the avian vet and it's going to be at least 100 if I take her in. I don't know what to do.

Ok that's what I've been doing. So, as u can see. Her eye is definently infected. Yay for me. Called the avian vet and it's going to be at least 100 if I take her in. I don't know what to do.
I'm sorry I know this has been between you an Amiga but I think I'd get her on an antibiotic and also get some Veterycin spray.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I know this has bee between you an Amiga but I think I'd get her on an antibiotic and also get some Veterycin spray.
[/quote.

Alright thanks. I do have her on a little antibiotic. I'll try to find some veterycin spray. Also might try using some prescription eye drops. I assume since I use them in my eye it'll be ok in here's in a super small amount. Maybe one drop a day. If I'm terribly wrong let me know. :)

There are antibiotic eye drops, and oral antibiotic as well makes sense.

I always welcome other voices and experience on any thread - this is best when we have a group effort, offering our best ideas to the person who needs to sort through the ideas and use what they know and feel to be best.

Could you share how much of what kind of antibiotic you are using? Not a requirement. I am interested in what people use and how well it works.

She definitely needs help with that wound.

There are antibiotic eye drops, and oral antibiotic as well makes sense.

I always welcome other voices and experience on any thread - this is best when we have a group effort, offering our best ideas to the person who needs to sort through the ideas and use what they know and feel to be best.

Could you share how much of what kind of antibiotic you are using? Not a requirement. I am interested in what people use and how well it works.

She definitely needs help with that wound.
The eye looks like it needs special attention also, the Veterycin spray can be used on any part of the face and is especially good for wounds and infection but I feel she may need something on the inside as well. but there again we're not vets. I know it's very expensive to take one in, and I don't feel that giving an antibiotic is going to kill her and my just get her over this before it gets really bad. try the Dura10 that Amiga gave you the info from another member since I think you said you already had it. Be sure to pick up a probiotic to give to her while treating her. http://vetericyn.com/ TSC carries Veterycin spray her eyes at least 2-3X a day to start with and clip the feathers away from her wound then spray the Veterycin on her wounds too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom