Pekin Duck Club!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DenverDucky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    :welcome

2. jandavis

jandavis Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2014
    LOL in my humble opinion DUCKS RULE!!! Thanks for sharing. lol

3. Julez21

Julez21 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2014
    Check!! :O)

4. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    Thank you. Reading the label is what it's all about. Feeds are formulated differently across the country. If it says ducks, then it is ok for ducks. Feed based on the label recommendation for the appropriate age.

5. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    I let our ducks swim and play in shallow water while I baby sit even at 4 days old. You don't have to get them completely dry but do make sure they have heat while drying. Ours go outside asap because I get tired of the cleaning. They go outside with a heat lamp. I weaned them off the lamp from 24 hr to just nights and then nothing at 8 weeks. I would suggest watch their behavior outside just like you would in a brooder. If they are huddling together, give them heat. They get unsupervised access to swimming water at 8 weeks. They are usually fully feathered by this age and can handle any temp.

6. farmgirl360

farmgirl360 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Southern Illinois
    Thxs jandavis for pointing pu this site is all about putting our heads together

7. jandavis

Mar 29, 2014
    This is my Pekin Dr. Phil, keeping a watchful eye on his gal Brownie's nest. This is Brownie going back onto her nest after getting a drink and some corn. Notice Dr. Phil's beautiful drake tail. No wonder Brownie thought he was so handsome. Wonder what she thinks of Dr. Phil's other conquests?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. lvmomma

lvmomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2014
    las vegas, nv
    This is Dexter...he is 2 weeks old. I am pretty sure he is a pekin but his beak is not orange. Anybody know what that could mean? Is he a different kind of duck?[​IMG]

9. jandavis

Mar 29, 2014
    CAn't remember if my Pekin's bill changed color or not, but I know my "Blue...." did. It was pink and then it changed grey. His feet changed from pink to yellow.

10. southernbelle54

southernbelle54 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2013
    neither of the girls are egg bound thank god but their vet cant find anything wrong with ally she is the one that is still doing the limping im starting think its because of losing Aflac a few months a go and that is why she is acting this way
    henretta is doing fine but still not laying any eggs yet but with the warmer weather coming in that might get her to start again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by