Pekin Duck Club!

My son is the one still in diapers. Boys are gross, he constantly has his hand down his pants!

I am really hoping that i have a male and female. But i don't care either way. Sad thing though is that i won't be naming them until i know for sure.

Anybody have pictures showing the difference between hen and drake tail feathers?
At about what age can you tell?
Thanks! And Happy Easter!

This one is a female. These are not mine but I found this on the internet.

The one on the left is a Drake. Again found on the net. Mine are just babies right now.

BTW the raspy peep went away. I think the little one was just stressed out. More pics to come soon!

I would like to join your club. I am new to ducks. I have so many questions. I have Pekins. Five babies show up at my door last 4th of July. Two were eaten when I gave 3 away to a neighbor, she brought the last one back, we named him Lucky. I just love them. I have 2 males and a female but one of my males "Lucky" pecks the female.

Lucky is so friendly, he lets me hold him and is so lovable. The female, Duddles and the other male Quackers don't like to be held but they all eat from my hand. I need to give one away. I only wanted two. What should I do? Keep the two males or the female and the male who doesn't peck feather?

Thanks for any help.

I would like to join your club. I am new to ducks. I have so many questions. I have Pekins. Five babies show up at my door last 4th of July. Two were eaten when I gave 3 away to a neighbor, she brought the last one back, we named him Lucky. I just love them. I have 2 males and a female but one of my males "Lucky" pecks the female.

Lucky is so friendly, he lets me hold him and is so lovable. The female, Duddles and the other male Quackers don't like to be held but they all eat from my hand. I need to give one away. I only wanted two. What should I do? Keep the two males or the female and the male who doesn't peck feather?

Thanks for any help.
Hmmm... that's a good question. You definitely have to do something as 2 males to 1 female is a bad situation. I have 3 females to 1 male. Maybe others can share what they think would be best. I don't know if one female with one male will end up getting over-mated...
And welcome!!!

I wasn't sure how to join, but I want to. We just brought home 2 pekin babies last week, and I want to learn all I can about raising them healthy and happy. (As pets.)
Thanks,
Sharon, shadygardener
Gardening Shady Style

Here's a couple threads with lots of detailed information on caring for ducklings. Hope it helps! Let us know if you have any specific questions and everyone on here will share their knowledge and experience. Welcome!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/745806/how-to-care-for-ducklings

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...cklings-and-i-already-need-help#post_10681184

My 3 week old just puked water and is drooling. I fed it lettuce and tomatoes for a day rather then its normal duck feed. When I gave it the normal feed it ate drank then puked. Is it ok?

My
My 3 week old just puked water and is drooling.  I fed it lettuce and tomatoes for a day rather then its normal duck feed.  When I gave it the normal feed it ate drank then puked.  Is it ok?

My understanding is that treats are treats . NOT FOOD. Something's could be caught I suppose .. It should be on reg feed 90% of the time then If u want given treats to supplement or bond . . Watch it closely . If it is ok and will still drink and eat REG. food NOT TREATS then prolly ok . If not go to the vet

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom