Pekin Duck Club!

Well tragic times happened again in my yard ... But atleast now we know what or where Charlotte has been ... Lady and Lucy ( the geese) did a good job freaking out so I ran into the yard barefoot but not in enough time to save lil Louie ( the lil 10 week old brown khaki Campbell duck
1f61e.png
1f629.png
) from the FOX!
1f622.png
1f622.png
1f61e.png
poor Louie! From 5 ducks down to 3! In 5 days

BarredRockGirls Im so sorry! I found two fox holes also one by my road and another in my woods,I've been keeping a close eye on them! 0_0 I would say trap it and relocate but im betting it has a litter :( Again sorry for your loses :(

Just wanted to share 2 pics of my babies, they are getting so big so quick! Here we have Rosie, the only girl, on the far left with Duncan in the middle, and Waterhead on the right saying "you want some of this?"!

Next is our swimming photo in our little waterfall that will soon be too small for all 3 to fit into. Our pond is in the middle of being built so the waterfall works for now! I love my pekins!

frow.gif
Great shot of Waterhead, lol.

Well tragic times happened again in my yard ... But atleast now we know what or where Charlotte has been ... Lady and Lucy ( the geese) did a good job freaking out so I ran into the yard barefoot but not in enough time to save lil Louie ( the lil 10 week old brown khaki Campbell duck
1f61e.png
1f629.png
) from the FOX!
1f622.png
1f622.png
1f61e.png
poor Louie! From 5 ducks down to 3! In 5 days

hugs.gif
Sorry to hear about poor Louie. I hope you got the fox or do soon.

My two Pekins are both 11 weeks old, solid white and happy as ever. Still can't figure out the sex of either of them. No quacks yet, just the typical chit chat. Any suggestions to help me figure it out? One is a little more skittish than the other, and follows its lead...........
caf.gif
Any signs of drake feathers?

I have just started raising Pekin ducks. Got them from TSC and would like to know how to tell male from female?
frow.gif
welcome to BYC. How old are they? Gender can be determined around 10 wks old by their sound: "QUACK" = female, "rasp" = male. Males can also be determined by the appearance of a drake feather usually around 12-14 wks old.

Hello! I am new to ducks but I have two growing Pekins. One seems to be a male and the other a female.

The females wings are very strange looking when she has them folded and I'm concerned that something is wrong with her form.

Please let me know if you have ever seen a duck carry it's wing tips like this. She is always like this, but when she opens them up they look fine. Just like the males. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about...

Hello! I am new to ducks but I have two growing Pekins. One seems to be a male and the other a female.

The females wings are very strange looking when she has them folded and I'm concerned that something is wrong with her form.

Please let me know if you have ever seen a duck carry it's wing tips like this. She is always like this, but when she opens them up they look fine. Just like the males. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about...

Looks like you have the same problem as me. I think it's a "mild" case of "angel wing" which comes from eating to much protein (my girl, Qwakrs) doesn't have it but my boy (Chz) does & what's annoying is they were bought at the same time & raised in the same way - nothing different b/n them
1f62d.png
1f622.png
not a happy momma!
I've looked on the web & on BYC & there are come "fixes" for this. I need to pick out the best method & get it fixed for him.
Good luck!!!

Question, does anyone know the pattern of behavior between chickens and ducks? We have a mixed flock of chickens and ducks. They are both together for now, and because of their ages, can't tell if we have boys or girls yet. If we end up with a Drake, I am worried that he will get a little randy with all the girls. Does anyone know from experience?

Back
Top Bottom