Pekin Duck Club!

aww She is gorgeous. We just put our chicks out and on their 3rd night we had one vanish before bedtime. I still look for her every day just in case.

aww She is gorgeous. We just put our chicks out and on their 3rd night we had one vanish before bedtime. I still look for her every day just in case.

Ya tonight we put them all in early and every time we've taken the dogs out weve looked ... Nothing not a sound or feather astray
1f62a.png

Hello all! I haven't been active for awhile
1f44e.png
sorry about that been uber busy . But as some of you know I have 3 adult pekins - Charlotte - webber & cookie - I added 2 ducklings about 2.5 months ago on Pekin - lucky and a khaki Campbell - Louie . Also added 8 new layer chicks to my 12 barred rocks - the new babies are about a month old and are various winter layers. Still have the 2 geese lady & Lucy too
1f60a.png

However. As of last night Charlotte has vanished
1f61e.png
1f629.png
I went to lock them up for the night and counted them up and nope she wasn't there
1f633.png
counted again and again then searched by flash light for hrs and then this morning everywhere . No feathers no blood just GONE. I'm so upset. We've always free ranged w no issues so plz no bashing my adult girls are over a year old . I just can't believe there's no trace of her... Anywhere. None. She was my biggest Pekin . And she's still gone now so it's been 24 hrs so at this point I know she's gone forever
1f62a.png
1f62a.png
1f625.png
1f62d.png

My other 2 adult pekins - her "sisters" have been calling for her all day . One - webber- had been waddling laps around my house all day searching and then she just went and sat in the barn by herself - it's so sad . She is just sitting there on the nest they shared .
RIP Charlotte wherever you went
1f494.png
1f614.png
I'm so sorry, I will only say this what ever took Charlotte had to been big because Pekins are heavy big birds as you know. And it will be back because it knows there is food available. Right now coyotes- foxes etc are denned up with babies our flocks are very vulnerable

Looking for Jumbo and regular pekin hatching eggs for a Nursing home hatching project....please let me know if you sell some and if you would like more info....btw would love to become a member of this club...

I have regular pekin, I can shipped a dozen for $25.00 anywhere in us. My fertility rate this season has been just above 95%. My hatch rate has been 63%.

Last edited:
Hello all! I haven't been active for awhile
1f44e.png
sorry about that been uber busy . But as some of you know I have 3 adult pekins - Charlotte - webber & cookie - I added 2 ducklings about 2.5 months ago on Pekin - lucky and a khaki Campbell - Louie . Also added 8 new layer chicks to my 12 barred rocks - the new babies are about a month old and are various winter layers. Still have the 2 geese lady & Lucy too
1f60a.png

However. As of last night Charlotte has vanished
1f61e.png
1f629.png
I went to lock them up for the night and counted them up and nope she wasn't there
1f633.png
counted again and again then searched by flash light for hrs and then this morning everywhere . No feathers no blood just GONE. I'm so upset. We've always free ranged w no issues so plz no bashing my adult girls are over a year old . I just can't believe there's no trace of her... Anywhere. None. She was my biggest Pekin . And she's still gone now so it's been 24 hrs so at this point I know she's gone forever
1f62a.png
1f62a.png
1f625.png
1f62d.png

My other 2 adult pekins - her "sisters" have been calling for her all day . One - webber- had been waddling laps around my house all day searching and then she just went and sat in the barn by herself - it's so sad . She is just sitting there on the nest they shared .
RIP Charlotte wherever you went
1f494.png
1f614.png
frow.gif
I joined while you were uber busy
smile.png
Nice to meet you and I am so sorry for your loss. I know the 'not knowing' is the hardest part. Here's another cyber hug for you
hugs.gif
, for your family
hugs.gif
and for her sisters
hugs.gif

Ok off topic, but is there a place on the Backyard chickens App where I can see notifications from people quoting me etc????? I just can't seem to figure this out lol I usually have to scroll through this thread to find replies

Hmmm, I get notifications of quotes, and I also subscribe to most threads I post on so that I won't have to scroll through the whole index more often than a few times a day.

I wonder if I have a setting turned on on my profile?

Aha!

Went to my profile, clicked on Edit Account Details, scrolled down there are a bunch of check boxes for notifications.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I get notifications of quotes, and I also subscribe to most threads I post on so that I won't have to scroll through the whole index more often than a few times a day.

I wonder if I have a setting turned on on my profile?

Aha!

Went to my profile, clicked on Edit Account Details, scrolled down there are a bunch of check boxes for notifications.

I just checked mine on the computer and it's all checked off. Maybe my phone app just doesn't get notifications bc there doesn't seem to be that option in setting on phone. Oh well lol

i just got my first 4 about 2-3 weeks ago they are fawn and white i love them they are still babies though but they are really ADORABLE!

Back
Top Bottom