Pekin Duck Club!

The beak colour happens, i have a half dozen and half have the "pinkish" bill, the other half have the orange. The black spot on the head though? can you show pics??

Do you know if the difference in beak color indicates male or female?

It's not really a full black spot. More of a smudge of a few black hairs among the yellow fuzz. The darker bit is very close to the bill. There are two smudges, sort of like big eyebrows going along the side of the head, above the eyes.

Last edited:
We just added to Peking ducks to our lilttle tiny farm. We also have 6 silver laced wynodottes. Would love to be added to the club.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Looking for Jumbo and regular pekin hatching eggs for a Nursing home hatching project....please let me know if you sell some and if you would like more info....btw would love to become a member of this club...

Hey guys,
I got a chicken coop and modified it for my ducks. I know I put wood shavings on the floor like I did with their brooder, but what do I do to clean it? I don't want to just throw all the shavings on the floor because I need to keep my backyard as clean as possible. I used a plastic wrap for the flooring of their brooder and it made cleaning so easy. What can I do? :idunno thank you!

Hey guys,
I got a chicken coop and modified it for my ducks. I know I put wood shavings on the floor like I did with their brooder, but what do I do to clean it? I don't want to just throw all the shavings on the floor because I need to keep my backyard as clean as possible. I used a plastic wrap for the flooring of their brooder and it made cleaning so easy. What can I do?
idunno.gif
thank you!

can you not pick clean the floor? i don't have shavings all over... a bit will fall out at doors etc but for the most part they aren't like chickens tossing it a hundred feet lol

Do you know if the difference in beak color indicates male or female?

It's not really a full black spot. More of a smudge of a few black hairs among the yellow fuzz. The darker bit is very close to the bill. There are two smudges, sort of like big eyebrows going along the side of the head, above the eyes.

Nope it doesn't, i have half n half(so 3 pinkish coloured and 3 orange) i only have 1 drake lol Can't help much on the black.. none of mine had that.. went from little yellow ducklings to pure white.

Here my half dozen

Back
Top Bottom