Pekin Duck Club!

I am a new owner. I have three. I was wondering if other owners on the est coast house the ducks outside over the winter. I have a converted dog house for the ducks. Would appreciate any ideas on houseing

I am a new owner. I have three. I was wondering if other owners on the est coast house the ducks outside over the winter. I have a converted dog house for the ducks. Would appreciate any ideas on houseing

As long as they have somewhere to get out of the snow and the wet and the wind they should be fine. I don't live on the east coast, but I do live in Colorado and it gets pretty cold here. My two oldest had a converted dog house stuffed with straw for the winter, and they didn't even go in it much. They really liked the snow.

I made sure I gave them a big handful of cracked corn every night before bed on really cold nights, just to make sure they had the extra calories to stay warm.

As long as they have somewhere to get out of the snow and the wet and the wind they should be fine.  I don't live on the east coast, but I do live in Colorado and it gets pretty cold here. My two oldest had a converted dog house stuffed with straw for the winter, and they didn't even go in it much. They really liked the snow.

I made sure I gave them a big handful of cracked corn every night before bed on really cold nights, just to make sure they had the extra calories to stay warm.
You are an awesome duck Momma.

Ok everyone I need advice. I need ideas on how to empty the pond all it is,is a plastic 30 gallon tub in the ground. and how to help the ducks get out, cause they are in there water ALOT. Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm new to duck adopting and just got a pekin his name is Howard he's the sweetest ever is there any helpful tips anyone came share and were I can get a pattern to make a diaper for him he's 4weeks

Back
Top Bottom