Pekin Duck Club!

i have 2 pekins with my 2 mallards they love loving life.they love chilaxing in their kitty pool.i also have duccles buff brahmas a shamo game cross and a button quail.does anyone in nc have button quail fo5r sale anysex

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and your duckies :) Just entered the new realm of raising ducks- we picked up three Pekin ducklings this weekend and they are every bit as adorable and fun as I hoped they would be. Can't wait to get started on building their coop, but for now, they are quite content in a cage in our living room. Two of them hatched on Sunday May 24th, and the other 3 days earlier. We haven't named them yet, but the oldest of the three we refer to as 'Biggy' because s/he's so much bigger than the other two. We'll settle on names a little later once their personalities start to shine through. If you spend enough time with them, is it easy to distinguish who is who once they are grown? Here's the babies yesterday-
adorable! Congratulations! They are precious! Welcome to our world! Lol

I hope to be able to pet them too. So far they are little snuggle bugs with BIG personality!
I hope you can too. It is nice to be able to pet and snuggle your birds. The goslings sound fun with their personalities. Do you mind posting pics for us once in a while? Will they and your ducks forage in close proximity once they are older?

@Julie Bird
 - keep breathing, Sunshine!

@CarterCrazy
 - Welcome to BYC!  Thanks for sharing your pics.  Enjoy those small fuzzy faces while you can.  It's absolutely crazy how fast they grow.  I have 2 Pekins that are 5 weeks old tomorrow.  The only reason I can easily tell mine apart is because one is crested.  ;)
OK, thanks Debbie. I will. These ducks.....

I love that one of your youngens is crested. I think those puffs on their heads are so cute. Are your cutenesses feathering up now?

My babies, almost all grown up. Not Pekins of course, but I got invested in this group before I knew, haha!
gig.gif

Oh, look at these 2 lovelies! Just makes my heart melt!

@Julie Bird - yes, lots of feathers going on. Here's a couple pics:

Oh, look at these 2 lovelies! Just makes my heart melt!

@Julie Bird - yes, lots of feathers going on. Here's a couple pics:

EEEEEEEEEEEE. Debs, I am in love with them. They are so sweet. How do you deal with them and not go nuts over their duckness? So adorable. I am loving the pictures. They get along so well.

EEEEEEEEEEEE. Debs, I am in love with them. They are so sweet. How do you deal with them and not go nuts over their duckness? So adorable. I am loving the pictures. They get along so well.

LOL...I am nuts over their duckness!
love.gif
I just can't help myself. They've been following behind me when we walk to the yard for swim time. Last night, they ran right past me and stopped about a foot in front of me looking at each other. They looked confused, like how did this happen?

Back
Top Bottom