Pekin Duck Club!

I believe i saw fleas in my ducks straw box but not on them, wouldn't it be possible to be in their straw but not on them? Thanks for answering back so fast both of u!

Last edited:

The DH bought me a new camera for my Bday! So finally here is Charlie and JoJo. Jojo is the single one in the one pic but the pic with one in the pool and one in the yard, its charlie in the pool. Other pics, jojo is bigger! I'm guessing by Jojo's size and voice he's the drake but no curl even though I thought it was coming, can anyone tell if they are opposite sex? I want to make sure I'm right!:celebrate

Your Pekins are WICKED CUTE! !
My male Pekin doesn't have the curl yet & hes 12 weeks

The DH bought me a new camera for my Bday! So finally here is Charlie and JoJo. Jojo is the single one in the one pic but the pic with one in the pool and one in the yard, its charlie in the pool. Other pics, jojo is bigger! I'm guessing by Jojo's size and voice he's the drake but no curl even though I thought it was coming, can anyone tell if they are opposite sex? I want to make sure I'm right!:celebrate

I believe i saw fleas in my ducks straw box but not on them, wouldn't it be possible to be in their straw but not on them? Thanks for answering back so fast both of u!
I read that straw can bring in mites and lice because of the shaft being hollow, look closely mites are very tiny and look like a tiny pepper flake moving fast. lice are light in color . Another reason I don't use straw. Or put your hand down into the straw mites will climb onto you they won't bite you though.

I read that straw can bring in mites and lice because of the shaft being hollow, look closely mites are very tiny and look like a tiny pepper flake moving fast.  lice are light in color . Another reason I don't use straw. Or put your hand down into the straw mites will climb onto you they won't bite you though.
oh my, maybe they are straw mites not fleas. If they don't bite, what are they going to do to me?

@ miss Lydia and your right, their straw box is orange in the pic above so I see these little mites or whatever easy, its when I push down or fluff the straw I see them all over the Orange walls. Ewww!!! And its in my basement, I just bought draw and they love it, what should I do?

I've noticed one of my ducks has its wings cross over at the end. Is this normal or a health issue. He seems fine. He flaps his wings and jumps when outside and swims normal. He is almost two months old.

Last edited:
I've noticed one of my ducks has its wings cross over at the end. Is this normal or a health issue. He seems fine. He flaps his wings and jumps when outside and swims normal. He is almost two months old.

I don't know the answer, but wow, they are beautiful and look so soft. Squeeze…..love.

Back
Top Bottom