Pekin Duck Club!

Bananas!!
On the grill or in the oven?
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Baby pictures!!!!! Of course!!!! You know I've turned into a bit of Julie bird and am now living through you. Lol . it is what happens when u can't own ducks yet you luv them sooo much. I get it now, Julie! :jumpy
Heehee, you're so cute, Natasha. You totally get it. Thank you.

Guess who was chowing down on pellets today? JoJo! I think he understood when I told him that I expected him to get used to it again. That or my initial suspicions were correct. That being in a whole new environment would reset his mood/depression. Whether it be the new people, the new home or the chickens as company. If he will continue to eat feed, he can still have his other stuff, but it can be a treat instead of his main calories.
celebrate.gif
I am really happy for him! And me. Lily and I were bonding an hour ago when I got home from my in-law's. I had to shut the door, and I picked her up to check her out. She seemed to like being scratched between her shoulder blades. She was quiet anyway. JoJo was quietly talking to me, but I think it was a "where are my bedtime worms?"
All is good here! Fingers crossed that JoJo has snapped out of his depression!

Guess who was chowing down on pellets today? JoJo! I think he understood when I told him that I expected him to get used to it again. That or my initial suspicions were correct. That being in a whole new environment would reset his mood/depression. Whether it be the new people, the new home or the chickens as company. If he will continue to eat feed, he can still have his other stuff, but it can be a treat instead of his main calories. :celebrate I am really happy for him! And me. Lily and I were bonding an hour ago when I got home from my in-law's. I had to shut the door, and I picked her up to check her out. She seemed to like being scratched between her shoulder blades. She was quiet anyway. JoJo was quietly talking to me, but I think it was a "where are my bedtime worms?"
All is good here! Fingers crossed that JoJo has snapped out of his depression!

That is awesome...I am very impressed. That is great everyone's bonding. But I am absolutely thrilled he is eating normally. A mix between depression of his mate dying and me babying him, I was worried. Maybe he will start putting on weight. If you pick him up, you can feel his keel bone too well! Yet he has been a lot better since Lily arrived. If I wouldn't have made him a temporary house duck we believe he would have probably died himself. He was very antisocial and unfriendly before he came upstairs. His mate was the out going one. But after being in the house, his demeanor and personality changed completely and for the best!!!! But great job!!! Keep up whatever it is your doing bc they are loving it !!! :ya

That is awesome...I am very impressed. That is great everyone's bonding. But I am absolutely thrilled he is eating normally. A mix between depression of his mate dying and me babying him, I was worried. Maybe he will start putting on weight. If you pick him up, you can feel his keel bone too well! Yet he has been a lot better since Lily arrived. If I wouldn't have made him a temporary house duck we believe he would have probably died himself. He was very antisocial and unfriendly before he came upstairs. His mate was the out going one. But after being in the house, his demeanor and personality changed completely and for the best!!!! But great job!!! Keep up whatever it is your doing bc they are loving it !!! :ya
Awe, you did such a great job with him and Lily. Very touching how you loved him thru his depression and it ensured his survival. He is a very precious duck bird.

Did you know that ducks swim?
gig.gif
Guys, I'm not kidding, I keep wondering why JoJo has a wet chest. I was holding him this morning (IDK if he was in heaven while I scratched his head, or terrified! LOL!) and thinking, "I need to warm him up! The poor thing was laying in a puddle!"
I am used to chickens. Give me time to remember species!
hide.gif

Lily had a definite nest. I keep forgetting to answer that question on here.
I had to break up water for the first time today. So glad I use the rubber bowls!

Back
Top Bottom