Pekin Duck Club!

Splash. Chocolate Runner is Puddles

I have my 3 jumble was in a good size section of my garage things stand. wondering if y'all could help me with an opinion. I have my 3 jumbos in a good size section of my garage....I have spread about 6 yards of pine savings on the floor for them...... it's about 3 inches thick for an area of I would say 40 square feet. Every morning and evening I use a pooper scooper to pick up the droppings and dispose of them. they have been out of their brooder, and in this area for 2 weeks now. I figured that I would completely clean the entire area tomorrow, replacing it with new bedding.however, I just read in my duck book, that there is a method known as deep bedding
it's states that I can simply put a new layer of bedding on top of the old layer..allowing the droppings to simply be buried week after week under layer and layer of bedding. this approach just seems really on sanitary to me, have any of you had any luck with this approach? Again I have only 3 jumbo peking . any advice would help I just don't want them to be living in yucky environment

My ducklings are a month old tomorrow. 1 of my ducklings is getting really big faster then the other 1. The biggest 1 seems to be having shacky legs and has to lay down. I give them baker yeast and chick starter feed. What else can I do?

My ducklings are a month old tomorrow. 1 of my ducklings is getting really big faster then the other 1. The biggest 1 seems to be having shacky legs and has to lay down. I give them baker yeast and chick starter feed. What else can I do?

I hope it's brewer's yeast. Stop if it's bamers yeast.

How much are you giving?

Regarding the deep litter method - my understanding of it is that it is really a method meant for an area with a dirt floor so that composting goes on. Otherwise, it might not be so sanitary. So,if you have a cement floor, there wouldn't be anything beneficial, necessarily, to do the work of breaking down the nasty stuff and it would just breed disease. Just my two cents...

It is brewers yeast. 1 tsp for every 1 cup.

Sigh. I meant bakers. Sorry.

Have you checked for bumbles, leg warmth, given lukewarm baths closely supervised? Perhaps a wide spectrum vitamin in the water. If it is a sprain a compress of Epsom salt in water solution may help.

I may not be able to respond tomorrow - please don't think I am ignoring you. Just other things going on.

Epsom salt is a laxative. Don't let the little drink or eat it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom