Pekin Duck Club!

Yes as long as they have immediate access to food and water in the early morning when you let them out. Mine don't mind it at all as they're supposed to sleep anyways and not play around all night! Lol

I have 9 mallard eggs and 3 have turned blackish like this the picture( it's not my picture but that is how they look) please help they mean everything to me

I have 9 mallard eggs and 3 have turned blackish like this the picture( it's not my picture but that is how they look) please help they mean everything to me

Don't wanna be the bad guy but from most of my hatches I found that those are dead and therefore leave the dark black marks through the pressure points of their little bodies. Not a nice answer, I know. Correct me if I'm wrong But in my experience they won't hatch and can possibly spread bad bacteria to others. So I would toss them out. Sorry...

So I'm incubating duck eggs (even though I swore I'd never) I'm almost to lockdown & everything is going great, but I haven't been able to find any suggestions on temp & humidity for lockdown? Any help will be appreciated!

So I'm incubating duck eggs (even though I swore I'd never) I'm almost to lockdown & everything is going great, but I haven't been able to find any suggestions on temp & humidity for lockdown? Any help will be appreciated!

For temp I just keep it the same as for the incubator, around 99.5F. But you need to crank up the humidity to between 70-80%. Depending on your brooder/hatcher.

I found my Janoel bator/hatcher needs to be about 80% for them to be able to hatch without getting glued into the membrane. Yet it's all depending on each one you use. That's the ball park though. Most say 70-75%.

So it is ok for them not to have water all night? They go in around dark 9 pm here, for now) and up and out at 5:30 am

I keep my ducks & chicks together & at night they have access to water but only through poultry nipples. Keeps the water-mess down to "nada" inside the coop but this gives them access to water 100% of the time. I found the idea for the setup here on BYC! Love this site!!!

I finally got pekin ducks haven't had them since I was little and they will be will my welsh harlequin ducks and my black Swedish ducks I have two of each I am so happy any tips for getting the other ducks use to the Perkins and for them not being scared of me

I finally got pekin ducks haven't had them since I was little and they will be will my welsh harlequin ducks and my black Swedish ducks I have two of each I am so happy any tips for getting the other ducks use to the Perkins and for them not being scared of me

Handle them often and give them treats. Also put them close/next to each other outside every day for they can see each other. Divide by fence for bout 2-3 weeks before trying to put them together to be sure. Then u still will have a small fight for peck order but it should be harmless.

Back
Top Bottom