Pekin Duck Club!

I have a couple of Pekin ducklings (also have 2 Cayuga ducklings) one male and one female pekin same with the Cayuga. Anyway my male Pekin duckling doesn't seem quite right, his tail is pointing downward and I'm not sure why, he was a little wobbly on his feet so I started adding some niacin to their water a few days ago, he seems a tad perkier but his tail hasn't changed. has anyone else had this happen to them? Is it normal and I'm just not familier with it (I had 2 pekin ducks a couple years back then we moved to a different state and couldn't take them on the long trip, but I didn't have any problems with them either). Is this something I should be concerned about of will he be fine and grow to be a healthy boy? Oh they are also about a week to week and a half old. if that helps. thanks

s.towle.

He is inside the house in his brooder with the others. I am the only one who picks them up cleans them ect and there is nothing for him to get hurt with or on. the others don't fight or anything with him so there is really no way for him to get hurt. ive seem him hold it up a couple times. so it works and he doesn't mind or make any sound when you touch it so it doesn't seem to hurt him. I mean its not really a drastic downward point but not like the others. There also isn't any vet near me that would take ducks...so that's not really something I could do...

Ill try and get a picture uploaded to better see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
How far is the nearest avain/exotic vet who would see him.is there one you can drive to next town maybe a few hrs away you could have on call for emergencys. Because it will pop up from time to time you will need them.

Back
Top Bottom