Pekin Duck Club!

Yes I think he is a tad pigeon toed, sometimes when he stops walking his feet will almost be on top of each other. Its mainly the one foot though that is really turned in the other one is more normal you could say.

Is it sore like a pulled muscle or is it like a break. Maybe you can try soaking him in epic salt these helps cuts sore muscles some breaks.its not a cure but it eases any discomfort and cleans. Maybe do these for a little while and watch him closely. If it's cut I use Sierra sage 100% all natural green goo animal first aid salve. I also you's Sierra sage arnica soothes aches, pains, and bruises. Breaks need to be set. If you have experience then try wrapping it in medical tape. Not to tight.not to lose. Or you might take him to the vet next town over.

For the foot we had one little one on here if you can find the picture. She made little shoes out of a plastic lid to support the feet ( foot) you can also try.

No cuts and no breaks. maybe sore tail muscle could be the culprit because he does put it up sometimes but mostly its down. There is no vet in the next town over that takes ducks either ( I needed an avian/exotic vet before and called everywhere that was remotely close to me with no luck) You would think being in Washington that tons of people have ducks and chicken ect that there would be more vets that accept those kinds of animals but no. its a little ridiculous is you ask me.

Could he maybe have a blockage or something?? I mean he poops and eats and drinks so I don't see how something would be blocked but just something that came to mind.
They def need to be on niacin plain or Nutritional yeast until at least 10weeks old. 125mgs of plain niacin or 1 Tab per cup of feed of Nutritional yeast. Might want to give them some vitamins too and see if that perks him up Poultry vitamins aren't very expensive.

Back
Top Bottom