Pekin Duck Club!

We put the ducks middle set in for a few mins yesterday it didn't work. The older drake attacked the younger drake why I was looking at chicken. So small wound on duck wing. So no it's not good. I have to come up with a better solution .

We incubated 12 fertilized duck eggs and were blessed with 1 Pekin. She was born with a spec foot but gets around pretty well. She has 4 hens and 2 dogs as her friends. We just love her to pieces.

. Her name is Deliliah.

I am seriously considering getting two ducks I have a 4 year old and a two year old I need to know the good bad and ugly about ducks I have a very large enclosed empty dog run they can be in also can put a heat lamp in the attacked dog house for them. But would want them inside sometimes but would have to get diappers for them inside. Please help me make a desision they would never be alone . I just need help deciding I really want them but need to know everything

Can someone with alot of pet pekin duck experiance please message me i have a ton of questions i need answered before tuseday

Can someone with alot of pet pekin duck experiance please message me i have a ton of questions i need answered before tuseday

You can't pm me but I'll tell you everything iu need to know. I have 5 pekins and they are very calm ducks, if you keep 2 outside with a pen, and shelter they'll be fine. You feed them 1 or 2 times a day. You have to have a water supply, like a kiddie pool. In winter they NEED a kiddie pool or something that won't freeze. Please don't jump into ducks. They won't stay small for long. You need to have a pen, and shelter ready. And you need a brooder for the ducklings. They need a heat lamp an chick starter food. Please please please, if your not ready for ducks don't go out and buy some. They are also VERY messy. They will destroy gardens and eat everything. They are friendly, but they DO NOT like other animals. Please DONT PM ME but I'm happy to answer questions here

Important question. I have 4 ducklings they will be 4 weeks on the 21st. 2 are Cayuga and 2 are supposed to be Pekins but they are tan so I'm thinking maybe buffs. But anyway. We live in Washington (state) night temps for the rest of the week will be 35-48 degrees. Can I house them outside in their pen overnight? It is enclosed. It's actually a large chicken coop. Would they need a heat lamp or would they be fine without. And can they go without food and water overnight at this age (they have access to food and water all day everyday right now). They are getting adult feathers in and they have their fluffy down in also.

Last edited:
Important question. I have 4 ducklings they will be 4 weeks on the 21st. 2 are Cayuga and 2 are supposed to be Pekins but they are tan so I'm thinking maybe buffs. But anyway. We live in Washington (state) night temps for the rest of the week will be 35-48 degrees. Can I house them outside in their pen overnight? It is enclosed. It's actually a large chicken coop. Would they need a heat lamp or would they be fine without. And can they go without food and water overnight at this age (they have access to food and water all day everyday right now). They are getting adult feathers in and they have their fluffy down in also.

I would not withhold water and food at this age, try something like this to control splash

At 4 weeks, Storey's Guide recommends they be no cooler than near 70F. Can you safely keep them near that temperature, no drafts?

Back
Top Bottom