Pekin Duck Club!

It sounds like the hatchery isn't being honest or sexing or knowing what breed is what. There's a mistakes in line. Sometimes sexing can be wrong that's normal . But breed is not.

It sounds like the hatchery isn't being honest or sexing or knowing what breed is what. There's a mistakes in line. Sometimes sexing can be wrong that's normal . But breed is not.
Yeah, I not pleased. I asked for 2 Cayuga, 2 blue Swedish and 1 Pekin, I stressed NO crested tops. I got 2 crested Cayuga, 2 black Swedish and 1 Pekin with a little cresting on top. I wasn't impressed, but they ARE all female. One thing right so I guess I can't complain. LOL But I do love them all, they are just pets!

Last edited:
Hatchery's the ducks /chickens/ turkeys ect or in bins they sex them 2-4 at a time and put them in a different bin to be shipped out. They go through thousands at a time. Then there moved to packaging and post office delivery.

Hatchery's the ducks /chickens/ turkeys ect or in bins they sex them 2-4 at a time and put them in a different bin to be shipped out. They go through thousands at a time. Then there moved to packaging and post office delivery.
I am quite sure that this whole experience was traumatic which is why I picked mine up rather than having them shipped. I can't image! Mine are spoiled birds...they don't know it but they are! LOL

This is her as a duckling (about 4 weeks old), I will get a picture of her when I can. They are out and about today (following the big ducks)! LOL She is just a very soft cream color.
Hmm, I'd say buff, because of her bill and color but I could be wrong. I asked for a normal buff from Ideal Poultery, got a Brown Crested Buff... Ah well and what are those GORGEOUS ducklings in the background?!?! I must know! Need to get some!

Hmm, I'd say buff, because of her bill and color but I could be wrong. I asked for a normal buff from Ideal Poultery, got a Brown Crested Buff... Ah well and what are those GORGEOUS ducklings in the background?!?! I must know! Need to get some!

Those black ducklings look like cayugas. I have a couple. They are a beetle green color as adults and they can also be spotted black and white after the first year.

@MandyJ Ideal Poultry sent me THIS as a Buff
1f615.png
they also sent my ducks in 2 seperate orders, I'm expecting the second order tomorrow. But, they gave me a beautiful brown buff, and a very nice looking magpie, an d they were very sweet about their mistakes. So I mean, idk, you could very well have a buff

Back
Top Bottom