Pekin Duck Club!

I don't have more experience, but think knowing more will help those that do. What are you feeding her? What are her living arrangements?
x2
@darkgizmo1211 have you palpated her? to see if she has an egg inside of her? just becareful, dont push hard.
and how old is she, how long has she been laying eggs, are the shells soft &/or hard? are they small eggs, or large eggs. is there a drake mating w/her?
my pekins laid soft (baloon type shell) shelled eggs and then they would get more firm and then go back to soft again. she did this for about 1-2 months. i ckd on BYC for remedies and followed through w/them and feed her certain foods and her shells became for firm. she hasnt laid a soft shell for a few months now. If i had her w/her mate for the day, sometimes (not always) i would find a soft egg in the pen area?? not sure why. and i have tried to incubate her eggs w/about a 5% hatch rate and one of the ducklings is a special needs... so her problems may be genetic??
ETA: what time do you let her out in the morning? maybe she is laying her eggs someplace else on your property?

Last edited:
my drake has been acting a little strange he'll pull his neck down to his chest and fluff his head feathers. I'm thinking it's because he's going threw the change he's getting to be a big boy now and I'm hoping that's what it is. He'll only do it around us or the other ducks please help
both of the babies

Lol its definately puberty. Mine do this and chase one another (i have 3 drakes). Just trying to say whos large and in charge.
1f601.png
my drake has been acting a little strange he'll pull his neck down to his chest and fluff his head feathers. I'm thinking it's because he's going threw the change he's getting to be a big boy now and I'm hoping that's what it is. He'll only do it around us or the other ducks please help
both of the babies

I have just had a bundle of Pekin Cayuga babies, and they are CUTE. They dad is the pekin, mom Cayuga. Some have great markings, I think it is only the males, like they are wearing a tuxedo and tails. I don't know much about pattern genetics, does any one here know more about that sort of thing?

I have just had a bundle of Pekin Cayuga babies, and they are CUTE. They dad is the pekin, mom Cayuga. Some have great markings, I think it is only the males, like they are wearing a tuxedo and tails. I don't know much about pattern genetics, does any one here know more about that sort of thing?
Pictures please!! They sound beautiful!

pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom