Pekin Duck Club!

I'd like to be added! Thanks
1f601.png
I think you are automatically added by being in the forum!

welcome-byc.gif
From Ledbetter, TX

Ok, I'm a little worried about Little duck. She has a spot on the back of her neck where she has almost no feathers. It's from big duck when he gets frisky, he bites the back of her neck. He's not hurting her, is he? She seems fine but I wanna make sure there isn't something I should do for her. :idunno

Last edited:
Occupational hazard of being the designated surfboard.
If it doesn't look like an open wound with infection I'd say no need to worry. Big Duck could probably use a couple more girlfriends maybe? Then little duck could share her duties as a surfboard. You could separate the two for a little while to give her a break too.

Hi! I'm new here. I just had a question on our pekin Cheese. She seems to be egg bound but lays eggs. She starts by starting to shake her butt, then wings come out, then she plops down on the ground. A minute or two later. She's fine. Walking and talking like normal. I have a video but can't seem to get it to go yet. She's eating and laying normally. We lit some nutri-drench in the water at a small doseage. It's been happening for about 3 days now. Very strange. Can't seem to shake it. She seems fine in all other areas. Anyone ever see a duck act egg bound but they are still laying?

Last edited:
Hi! I'm new here. I just had a question on our pekin Cheese. She seems to be egg bound but lays eggs. She starts by starting to shake her butt, then wings come out, then she plops down on the ground. A minute or two later. She's fine. Walking and talking like normal. I have a video but can't seem to get it to go yet. She's eating and laying normally. We lit some nutri-drench in the water at a small doseage. It's been happening for about 3 days now. Very strange. Can't seem to shake it. She seems fine in all other areas. Anyone ever see a duck act egg bound but they are still laying?
welcome-byc.gif
From Ledbetter, TX. My hens don't ever do that. But how can she be egg bound and still lay eggs? I have 5 hens but no one does that behavior.
Mandy

Back
Top Bottom