Pekin duck - Egg yolk peritonitis

Thank you. I thought is was water belly at first but then as I started draining the liquid was dark brown so I stopped and started researching. I found your story and a couple of other that are similar and she is the exact same as yours. I have put her on Enrofloxacin and I am gonna be draining the liquid off of her. Anything to make her more comfortable!
I have not tried Enrofloxacin. After we ran out of the antibiotics the vet gave her, we did a round of Baytril. I'm debating if I should do another round at some point. It's so hard not knowing! Keep me posted on how she does. ❤️

Enrofloxacin is the same as baytril. She is fine in herself just hobbling because of how swollen she is. Hopefully I can drain a good amount from her to make her more comfortable. I hope I can help her and keep her from suffering.

Enrofloxacin is the same as baytril. She is fine in herself just hobbling because of how swollen she is. Hopefully I can drain a good amount from her to make her more comfortable. I hope I can help her and keep her from suffering.
Just careful not to drain too much at once as it can put her on shock. The video posted here really helped. I did 2 60ml syringes at a time. After the 3rd time I only got half and nothing after that. Not sure what's going on.... but just beware of not doing too much at once. Good luck!

Sorry, it was on another thread

I've done a lot of research for years since having my ducks so I have a good idea of how much I am gonna take from her. Not gonna take more than a half a cup

Back
Top Bottom