Pekin duck eggs helppp

Hannahducks

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2019
Hi
My Pekins are hatching day 29
There first crack was last night (24hrs) and they still haven’t hatched!!
I can see them moving and I can hear them chirping
Is there something wrong
Please help

If you can hear chirping they have internally pipped. An external pip usually comes within 24 hours for duck eggs. So it is normal for anhatch to take a long time, however, I am concerned that it is already day 29 and worry something else is going on. Hopefully some more experienced hatchers come soon. While we wait can you provide a little more info, are the eggs under a broodybor in an incubator? What kind of incubator? Temp and humidity? When and what did you see when you last candles the eggs.

Hi
One duck has hatched yay
The others one is still hatching but I’m concerned about the third one because it hasn’t made much progress
I have the Brinsea mini eco
How long should i leave the first duck in there
Thank u so much

If you can hear chirping they have internally pipped. An external pip usually comes within 24 hours for duck eggs. So it is normal for anhatch to take a long time, however, I am concerned that it is already day 29 and worry something else is going on. Hopefully some more experienced hatchers come soon. While we wait can you provide a little more info, are the eggs under a broodybor in an incubator? What kind of incubator? Temp and humidity? When and what did you see when you last candles the eggs.
I think there is also two eggs in the incubator that are dead
Will that harm the ducks that have hatched
The one that has hatched is trying really hard to get out of the incubator
I have a Brinsea mini eco
Temp is about 38 degrees C
The humidity is about 75%

Back
Top Bottom