1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pekin duck eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by davekrista, Oct 4, 2010.

1. davekrista

davekrista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    I'm on day 5 of my eggs and when I candled them I saw some had started to get veins. This is my first "real" hatch, and I'm so excited. I am using a home made incubator so that adds to my excitement. YAY....

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah, I get excited over veining also [​IMG]

3. Congratulations! Mine set the same day are growing too!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa
    Ouch...
    I just smacked myself in the head after I remembered brooding 'lings in cooler weather.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats great!! Gotta post pics when they hatch!! [​IMG]

5. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Quote:Hope both of ours hatch great. I can't wait... i'm so excited.

6. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    b.hromada :

Thats great!! Gotta post pics when they hatch!! [​IMG]

I get so nervous, (an excited) I hope atleast 1 hatches..... And I'll definately post pics when they hatch.​

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:I get so nervous, (an excited) I hope atleast 1 hatches..... And I'll definately post pics when they hatch.

Thats great, I'll be posted!! [​IMG]

8. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    I just candled again tonight (i guess i have been doing every 2 days) and 7 out of 7 seem to be developing just great so far. See veins distinctly in all 7 YAY!!!!..... I'm a little worried now though because my husband built a "tray" for the bottom so when they hatch they can't reach the bulb, and now I'm having issues with the temp and humidity. Humidity went up to 70% but not for very long and i was able to get that back to 55%-58% but my temp i'm worried about.... One thermometer reads 92 and the other reads 99... Its consistant so I'm afraid to touch it and the 99 degree one is level with the eggs and the 92 degree one is on top of the eggs on the other corner..... I just pray that its ok...... Should I try to get that temp up a little or go by he one level with the eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by