Pekin duck has trouble walking

The b complex helps. My Pekin Nibbler has the same issue. He has gotten much better. But he got so big so fast he still has trouble but he gets a little stronger every day with the b complex. Get them in it ASAP if you can and it will help a lot

@chicklady234 Did you get the vitamin B complex? Lack of niacin is most definitely the problem - sad that the vet wouldn't be aware of this. Please get your duck started on this ASAP in order to save him/her.
How much vitamin B complex should be given? My Pekin is now having this trouble. We have separated her, but she has a raspy quack, isn’t drinking and eating like she used to plus limping etc. I have added nutritional yeast to her fold but I think vitamin B complex is the way to go. Do you have a particular brand you suggest?

If she is raspy she may have something more going on she may need an antibiotic especially if she isn't eating or drinking much. Any way you can make a video so we can see what's going on and a picture of her leg and foot top and bottom. You'll need to put the video on Vimeo or you tube and then copy and paste here. And is a vet an option?

If she is raspy she may have something more going on she may need an antibiotic especially if she isn't eating or drinking much. Any way you can make a video so we can see what's going on and a picture of her leg and foot top and bottom. You'll need to put the video on Vimeo or you tube and then copy and paste here. And is a vet an option?
I will try to get a video. Vet won’t be back from vacation until Thursday. I did pick up nitru-drench, Vet Rx, and electrolytes.. will be feeding her scrambled eggs and peas with the supplements in it and putting the electrolytes in the water.

This seems like something I would try to get my duck to the vet for. I hope others who have more experience will chime in, but something respiratory or with her throat is going on. The poop looks a little abnormal too. I hope you can find help for her quickly - not sure vitamin B is going to be what you're looking for here, although didn't really see her walking.

Back
Top Bottom