Pekin duck laying 3 eggs a day

This is what they eat (I added a picture) 18% & they get mealworms once a day. They get oyster shells with their food about twice a week. I will definitely be picking that up. Thank you! There is no vet near us to care for my duck so I’m trying to do anything that I can. She has gotten a little better but still not fully herself. Her voice sounds like she’s kissing it a little bit & it scares me.
I feed Kalmbach too! But it does n or have enough calcium (1%) Ca. I make a mix of this feed and Mana Pro Mana Pro duck & Goose layer pellets (3.5-4.0%) calcium. Both are 18% Protein. I usually do 13 lbs. Kalmbach, 25lbs. Layer pellets for a 3% calcium mix. You want to shoot for 3% while laying.

I also do black soldier fly larva over mealworms as they have a better calcium content. And keep oyster shell out for free range all the time.

If you’re worried give 1mL calcium gluconate over peas/treat until their shells firm up, you can also add some electrolyte mix (rooster booster or hydro hen) to their drinking water to help if they are stressed.

Back
Top Bottom