Pekin duck stopped walking flops around healthy otherwise

With prey animals like ducks, they will hide a weakness or illness until they physically can't anymore.

Since there's been no improvement, unless you think of something else to try, I would cull. I wouldn't eat, because there's a 30 day withholding on the VetRX (last o checked)

And since that's true, if you wanted to try treating with ivermectin, you might as well. It's a long shot, but there's a protozoan that can cause some of those symptoms, but the name is not coming to me at the moment (throbbing migraine). Someone else might have a better idea.

Any mating going on? If an injury they can take a long time to heal. Rest and water therapy along with B complex 1-2 ml daily over a treat. It took my Runner duck over a month to get over a sprain. That is all I could come up with since nothing showed up on her legs of feet. She stayed in a dog X pen during the day so she could be with her friends and she got private swim time 2X a day. Liquid B complex over meal worms.
No mating for her just in the pen possible tried running at some. Point. I'll stay on her and see what happens.

Doe you know how much ivermectin for injection and amounts. I'm researching that now.

Thanks again.

Just an FYI no meat withdrawal on vetericyn plus

Screenshot_20200710-195047_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom