Pekin duck stopped walking flops around healthy otherwise

I honestly can't see parasites doing this. What do you feed them? you have said she might be over weight?
Not overweight its like she is but cant support her weight she's identical to the other pekins in size etc. So I used that as an analogy to explain how she moves.

Parasites are unknown as all other animals are fine. Just crazy so if ivermectin is an option and won't hurt I am open to is she is not at engaging yet and has a ways to go would like to get healthy shes the same mentally speaking and swimming its just land that gives her trouble. The khakis are picking her feathers and I believe she is picking them too once they do. I keep her isolated as best I can but the khakis flew into her are when I was not around. So she is now isolated.

Ivermectin can be used to treat ectoparasites, and Roundworms so unless you think she has either on of those I would see no reason to treat her.
I have no reason to suspect it but it is possible now that she's not mobile she has been exposed. Hard to say our chickens qnd ducks seem fine otherwise but unknown as of now

Just an update I just got her out for swim time her left foot is curling in now, put her in the pong and immediately wanted to get onto the chair we have in it like she does bot want to swim. I did have her upside down checking her out and there was a possible raspy breath not 100 percent sure heard it 2x then not.

Just an FYI no meat withdrawal on vetericyn plus

Screenshot_20200710-195047_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom