Pekin duckling qualities??? why are they a different color?

Chicken7777

Songster
13 Years
Oct 10, 2008
North Jersey
Hello everyone Well I have some pekin ducklings that hatched just a week ago and they are soo beautiful!!
They have such beautiful orange colored beaks and webbed feet.

I am wondering though why some pekin ducklings vary in color, etc....

I ordered some pekin ducklings for my uncle just last week since I didnt know I would have some pekins hatching that fast, but when I got the pekins from Ideel Poultry I noticed that the beaks and webbed feet were a pale white colore. I know it it cant be due to shipping because all of them were like that. and it would have changed color by now but all of them are like that.
My pekin ducklings have nice orange colored beaks and feet that i can tell the distinction..

Does anyone know why this happens or why ideal poultrys ducklings are different in color? will their colors eventually turn to orange?

thank you!

when Boris was a baby,his beak and feet were pink, it was addorible. his feet and beak stayed pink until he was about a week and a half old.

I think it just has to do with the duckling
hu.gif

The color could be feed related or it could be a strain variation. Certain lines hatch out looking slightly different in first feathers or leg/beak coloring, but by adulthood everything evens out and unless you've banded or marked you can't tell anymore.

Back
Top Bottom