Pekin ducks lay by a water dish and drink every few minutes?? Normal???

Moreducksplease

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
I have Pekins and two will just lay by a water container and sip water every few minutes. But even when not drinking the water container (10inches x 10 inches x about 6 inches tall) this has become their snuggle buddy for two of them. I think they run warm and lay by it cuz it is cool. They can pant when it is down to around 60 degrees so I think they run super warm. They have a house they go in when it is below 40 or if anything frightens them. My question is do they just sip water and lay next to cold things when they are warm? BTW they are laying by it drinking and it is 48 degrees outside right now. They are 8 weeks old. I posted a picture. This is literally how they lay most of the time in their pen.
Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 9.54.46 PM.jpeg

I have Pekins and two will just lay by a water container and sip water every few minutes. But even when not drinking the water container (10inches x 10 inches x about 6 inches tall) this has become their snuggle buddy for two of them. I think they run warm and lay by it cuz it is cool. They can pant when it is down to around 60 degrees so I think they run super warm. They have a house they go in when it is below 40 or if anything frightens them. My question is do they just sip water and lay next to cold things when they are warm? BTW they are laying by it drinking and it is 48 degrees outside right now. They are 8 weeks old. I posted a picture. This is literally how they lay most of the time in their pen.View attachment 2664585
Does anyone elses ducks do this. They have two waterers but they like this one the best.

Back
Top Bottom