Pekin Egg! Twice as big as normal?

Pamelasflock

Chirping
May 21, 2022
Lola, my Pekin, was adopted late spring. She had been dumped in a retention pond and was found hurt. She is fully recovered and the joy of the barnyard! They think she’s bw 1 and 2 years but not exact. On my birthday mid August I found her two first eggs. Ever since she has laid one s day and they are really nice size. Today I found this whopper. Wow. The smaller one is the consistent size of her other eggs. I am amazed how large this is. Plus, she ALWAYS lays her eggs in her house. Today she dropped it in a little nest she dug out in her leisure shade area by her food. I have 2 khakis that are 20 weeks old, Wanda And Maryann, and I don’t think there is any possibility this is one of their first eggs. I’m wondering when they will start laying. Love these girls! ❤️

DDFF66B4-DB40-4E93-9FE9-6D21E85C25B8.jpeg
69C8AFC6-BBF8-4334-AF03-C036C33E0652.jpeg
7F923618-0B9A-403B-8BD7-B9B439BEDC26.png

Our pekins regularly laid large eggs with double yolks a year ago when they first started laying. They settled down to regular sized eggs after about 3 months. Then just last week I made quiche with duck eggs and one of the eggs was regular size but had a double yolk!

Back
Top Bottom