Pekin Feet with A lot of Small Black Spots - Bumblefoot?

Mamasgoodducks

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2023
Hi guys, my rescued female Pekin lives as a wild duck on the river in our backyard with her flock. She started limping and not putting any weight on her foot so I finally caught her to examine her and hopefully nurse her back to health.

I’ve lost a duck to Bumblefoot before so I know the dark spots found under their feet. Under hers are multiple small dark spots that look like a lot of small cuts. Is this also bumblefoot? I can’t find anything on the internet that looks similar.

I feel awful. Any input is greatly appreciated.
IMG_5422.jpeg
IMG_5426.png

Never seen this! it runs up the leg too?
What kind of surface do they walk on?

Are those spots like discolouration or lesions in the skin?
curious wat others think!

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 21.27.21.png

This might be bumblefoot but I can't tell for sure with all the spots everywhere...

[edit: I see you describe them as small cuts.. I would check the area where she lives because there are many! You need to try to clean them as good as possible. I would start to bath her feet in water with epsom salt]

Last edited:
Never seen this! it runs up the leg too?
What kind of surface do they walk on?

Are those spots like discolouration or lesions in the skin?
curious wat others think!
Both! She has discoloration spots up and down her legs for a few months so I just thought they were “freckles” from what I’ve read. But under her foot has small lesions too.

They have grass and sand on the land. Our waterway has a lot of oyster beds in it that can be sharp.

You need to try to clean them as good as possible. I would start to bath her feet in water with epsom salt. With so many lesions it's only a matter of time until you have bumblefeet at your hand. and it probably already started, ( I've added a picture in my earlier message)

The oystershells are not good for duckfeet 😢

You need to try to clean them as good as possible. I would start to bath her feet in water with epsom salt. With so many lesions it's only a matter of time until you have bumblefeet at your hand. and it probably already started, ( I've added a picture in my earlier message)

The oystershells are not good for duckfeet 😢
I’m on it. Thank you! And I know — I feel awful. She was dumped in our backyard as a duckling the day after Easter two years ago and left to die. I didn’t know any different at the time that a chubby Pekin shouldn’t be a river free ranger but now I do. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom