Pekin has a eye problem!

You can give ducks vitamin b complex. @HollowOfWisps mentioned it the post above. You can also get it from TSC as well. It says injectable, but you can just take give it orally. You can give the duck 1ml of the vitamin b complex a day. If it is a naicin deficiency, you should improvement in the way it walks. However it can sometimes take multiple weeks to see the effect.

For the eye, the best things really are saline flushes, baths in clean water, and wiping the build up with a damp washcloth. The terramycin can clear any infection up, but it will not clean off the buildup around the eye. Only proper cleaning will. One of my Pekins had a minor eye irritation, and I believe it took a couple weeks to clean all the buildup off. If you are still concerned, a vet can provide you a more expert opinion.
Ok I wil get him some b complex he seems to be walking better so do you think we need to give it ti him still? So our turkeys chase him and dont let jim eat we give him his own seperate geeding twice a day

He sounds like he could have a niacin deficiency which is extremely common in pekins and would recommend Durvet's B complex. Give orally do not dilute in water. As for the eye I know in your other thread others suggested Terramycin which is an optical antibiotic gel that is available over the counter. Terramycin is amazing when it comes to treating eye issues and is great for anything from foamy eye to actual eye infections to helping an eye injury heal.

B- Complex:

https://www.farmstore.com/product/durvet-high-level-vitamin-b-complex-100-ml/

Terramycin:
https://www.farmstore.com/product/terramycin-ophthalmic-ointment/
I agree. Clean the eye with saline solution then apply the terramycin. Cured my pekin duck and a couple of my chickens this way.

Ok I wil get him some b complex he seems to be walking better so do you think we need to give it ti him still? So our turkeys chase him and dont let jim eat we give him his own seperate geeding twice a day
It can't hurt him to have the b complex. But without more information, I really can't say what is going on. It possible he just tripped, injured his leg, and it is now feeling better. Since the turkeys are chasing him, that is very possible that is what happened. I don't know as much and turkeys, but chickens sometimes peck at duck's eyes and need to be seperated from each other. If your turkey are doing anything like this, they may need to have seperate areas.

It can't hurt him to have the b complex. But without more information, I really can't say what is going on. It possible he just tripped, injured his leg, and it is now feeling better. Since the turkeys are chasing him, that is very possible that is what happened. I don't know as much and turkeys, but chickens sometimes peck at duck's eyes and need to be seperated from each other. If your turkey are doing anything like this, they may need to have seperate areas.
We are planning on building a run for the turkeys becuase we love them and could never eat them theeir names are Buttercup and Sweetpea ( the hens) and Thomas( the tom) but that should help our problem of the turkeys chasing them I wil buy b complex now and we will pick it up in the morning

Back
Top Bottom