Pekin hen acting weird

Little duck farm

Chirping
Apr 11, 2018
My pekin hen is acting weird she tucks her tail down and falls forward and like dives her head into the ground like she is unbalanced. And then her tail is tucked under. Can someone help, I was thinking egg bound but not sure

Attachments

• 821578CC-B083-4C8E-A426-BF3706D287B1.jpeg
    821578CC-B083-4C8E-A426-BF3706D287B1.jpeg
    839 KB · Views: 19
My pekin hen is acting weird she tucks her tail down and falls forward and like dives her head into the ground like she is unbalanced. And then her tail is tucked under. Can someone help, I was thinking egg bound but not sure
How long has she been like this? Is a vet an option? Is she drinking and eating? Go to TSC and pick up some Calcium Gluconate if she is eating mix 1.2ml for a 6 lb duck or .2mlper pound of duck. to get her to take full dose put it over something she really enjoys but only enough treat she gets full dose of the calcium. This will help her pass the egg do this 2X a day. Let her soak in a nice warm tub of water also. Keep her up so you can monitor her also. The vet can also give her an injection to help the egg pas if it is egg bound. How old is she and when did she lay last?

How long has she been like this? Is a vet an option? Is she drinking and eating? Go to TSC and pick up some Calcium Gluconate if she is eating mix 1.2ml for a 6 lb duck or .2mlper pound of duck. to get her to take full dose put it over something she really enjoys but only enough treat she gets full dose of the calcium. This will help her pass the egg do this 2X a day. Let her soak in a nice warm tub of water also. Keep her up so you can monitor her also. The vet can also give her an injection to help the egg pas if it is egg bound. How old is she and when did she lay last?
Thank you I will do that, we don’t have a vet in our area for ducks

Back
Top Bottom